Inspire Gymnastics Academy acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and British Gymnastics requirements.
This policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socio-economic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at Inspire Gymnastics Academy in a safe and child centred environment and
- are protected from harm whilst participating in Gymnastics or outside of the activity.
Inspire Gymnastics Academy acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Inspire Gymnastics Academy will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people,
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- take appropriate action in the event of a disclosure, an incident or a concern of abuse.
- provide appropriate support provided to a victim or person making a disclosure of abuse,
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored,
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals and
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation including adhering to the British Gymnastics policy regarding the use of photographs or recorded images.
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Inspire Gymnastics Academy. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.